Friday, April 6, 2007

Week 1 Mid-Week Check-Up

It's time to take a peek at the match-ups for this week in HWC Baseball. I know for my Engineers we should have stuck to the slide rule! Or the train, whichever one you prefer.

Let's see how things are going:
Cookeville Engineers - 2
Leones De Yucatan - 8 (tied in stolen bases,wins, and losses)
My guys are sucking, plain and simple. The 2 stats I'm winning are Runs scored by 2 and offensive K's. At least my guys aren't striking out. I was telling my friend last night that my baseball team is like my football team; My draft was great...Last year.

Robots Eat Babies - 7
Baseball Rulz! - 4 (tied in RBI's and losses)
Despite how it looks, Sssteve can easily take this game away from The Man. He's not up by much in many of the stats...but then again, neither is Sssteve.

The PAWs - 6
Patton's 3rd Army - 6 (tied in wins)
Sluggers vs pitchers. It's easy to see with Patton taking the Runs, RBI's, Home Runs, and hits, but has 0 stolen bases, and almost 30 whiffs. Obvious power team.

bRight & Early - 5
Maximum Poo - 7 (tied in saves)
This game can definitely go either way. Most stats are literally being led by the minimum differnce. For example WHIP is 1.01 to 1.02. Going to be a great one to watch.

RFTR - 10
JAX Juggernauts - 2 (tied in wins)
Safety man had better put that helmet on because a whooping like that is gonna hurt. He is getting pretty well dominated in EVERYTHING. The 2 points he has are in offensive K's (leading by 1) and pitching K's 14-9. But even though he's losing right now, I would not be surprised to find that JAX would have beaten other teams.

PFB - 7
Anna Benson Is Yummy - 5 (tied in stolen bases)
Wyatt might be the man to beat when it comes to pitching. His rotation is 4-0, but he has 0 saves. Batting though is another story.

Wookies Will Repeat - 7
Fmragtops Spewers - 5
Wookies are repeating, but in a not so dominating fashion. This game can go either way with 3 days left to play.

webcats - 1
Joe's Keizer Killers - 9 (tied in Stolen Bases, Wins, and saves)
Joe's team is an offensive powerhouse with pitchers that simply don't lose. Hense why he is beating the cats like a villager in Monty Python. Side note...neither team has a save.

I can't say how things are going to end up, but after a pretty good bracket picking, and my racing team being in the top 8%, I would like a good bsaeball team to go with it.

No comments: